I’m Kate Tudoreanu, the career confidence coach for 20 and 30-somethings.
For 9 years in the nonprofit and public sectors, I’ve provided job search and career counseling services to individuals looking to transform their lives.
I’ve coached clients in virtually every industry who made all kinds of career changes.
I’ve supported people at every stage of their career, but my passion is working with entry-level to mid-level professionals and new managers and supervisors.
I know first-hand what it’s like to pivot in my work life and start fresh. In 2020 I relocated to Michigan so my husband could start his new career.
During Great Recession, I graduated from college and had limited job prospects. I competed for receptionist and case management positions with people who had 10+ years of work experience. Given the economic situation, I entered AmeriCorps VISTA and spent 2 years doing national service. By the time I finished graduate school, I’d gained enough experience in job search best practices to land 3 job offers in only 6 weeks. Now I coach other people so they can skip the months of job search, too.
I have a Master of Science degree from Columbia University where I specialized in social work and public policy. This gave me the theoretical knowledge to support my real-world experience. Additionally, I’ve taken graduate-level career counseling courses at the University of Massachusetts, Boston.
Don’t hesitate to check out the Career Happiness Launchpad; I look forward to the opportunity to work with you and guide you on the path to a meaningful career.
- I’m a Harry Potter nerd (House Ravenclaw)
- Creative pursuits I enjoy include writing poetry and singing
- I’ve traveled a lot within Europe and am slowly learning Romanian
- One of the things I was known for at work were my fun shoes
- Making pop culture references in sessions with my coaching clients is a regular thing
- Reality TV is my guilty pleasure
- M.S. Social Work, Accelerated Policy Program, Columbia University
- Continuing education: Career counseling, Johnson State College and University of Massachusetts Boston
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing, level 3 certificate
- Positive Intelligence Coaching Program with Shirzad Chamine